Friday 22 July 2016

Fresh Faced Summer Make-Up



Whilst we've all been loving the summer weather, there are days when it is SO hot that many of us feel it's completely pointless putting any make-up on, in fear the scorching sunshine will melt it all away and make you look like wax work from Madame Tussauds. I too, used to have the same fear until I realised it's all about what products you use and how you apply them. Of course, it's nice to wear minimal make-up in the hot summer months but there are occasions when you do want to make an effort and for me, today was one of them. I love this look because it's well balanced, fresh faced and it doesn't appear cakey or too much. The soft pink lip adds a summery touch whilst the eye make-up compliments the rest of the look. So, here's how I did it...

FACE
After completing my usual skin care routine and priming my skin, I began by applying a light layer of Estee Lauder Double Wear. I won't go into too much detail about this foundation as we all know how fabulous it is... The coverage, the feel, the dreamy texture but most importantly, even in the hot humid weather we've been having recently, it's not going to budge! I then concealed any imperfections and highlighted under my eyes with Bourjois Healthy Mix Concealer (full review click here). Next, I used Bourjois Chocolate Bronzer (ok, so I know that's not it's official name but it looks and smells like a chocolate bar so hey ho). I contoured under my cheek bones, jaw line, forehead/ temples and dusted the apples of my cheeks with H&M Powder Blush in 'Pink Coral' (full review click here). Lastly, I set my base with Maybelline Super Stay 24Hour Powder, this is a great powder to use if you're prone to oily skin or are wishing to extend the longevity of your base... I always apply my powder last as it blends all the components together nicely and ensures everything stays in place. Finally, I highlighted my cheek bones with BarryM Illuminating Strobe Cream in 'Frosty Pink' for a fresh glow (full review click here)

EYES
Before anything else, I always apply my brow products first as once complete, it gives you a frame to work with, when applying your eye make-up. Today I used L'Oreal Paris Brow Artist Genius (full review click here) and Benefit High Brow to highlight my brow bones. I then primed my eye lids with Urban Decay Primer Potion to ensure my eye shadow doesn't fade or crease. From the Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette I began by patting 'Suspect' onto my eye lids, with flat brush. I then used a large fluffy brush to blend 'Snakebite' into my crease and lastly, finished by adding a small amount of Pistol to the outer corner. To complete, I used Bourjois Liner Feutre to naturally line my upper lash line and Benefit They're Real Mascara to add length and definition. 

LIPS
To finish my look I used MAC 'Please Me', a matte, long lasting lipstick that doesn't dry out my lips or melt under the sun. This is one of my favorite lipsticks as it's so versatile and although it's quite girly it isn't toooo pink.

Neeks 

No comments:

Post a Comment