Monday 15 June 2015

Summer BBQ Make-Up


Aloha!

You know that feeling... When you're sipping on an ice cold glass Pimm's and the moreish scent of burgers on the barbi fills the air. The sun is beginning to dip and although it's still warm that light breeze makes for the perfect evening? Yeah THAT feeling. Nothing makes more sense than to enjoy a BBQ on a warm summers evening and that's exactly how I spent my Saturday night. As I was getting ready I noticed my make-up was particularly on point so I thought I'd take a quick pic and share it with you.

FACE

After my usual skin care routine, I always apply Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser on my Tzone, to fill in my pores and provide a smooth base to work with (click here for full review). I then used a large stippling brush to apply the L'Oreal Lumi Magique Foundation. This is a great buy if you're looking for an inexpensive foundation that's light-weight and hydrating. Not only that but it has light reflecting pigments which give you a more radiant and 'luminous' complexion. I also teamed this with the Lumi Magique Concealer to hide my blemishes and under eye circles. I don't normally match foundations to concealers but the other concealers I tried didn't blend as well with this particular foundation. 

 To set the base I lightly dusted Bourjois Java Rice Powder, with a large fluffly brush, onto my T-Zone, cheeks and chin. This is a powder you need to use sparingly because it's really shimmery (you don't want to end up looking like a disco ball!)To add to the summery vibe of course I applied my trusty Bourjois Chocolate Bronzer in 'the magic three' (under cheek bones, jaw line and temples). Using the bronzer in this way will make your face look slimmer and accentuate your cheek bones, as well as giving you a healthy glow. To finish off, I dusted Bourjois Little Round Pot Blusher (15 Rose Eclat) onto the apples of my cheeks and dabbed Benefit Watts Up Soft Focus Highlighter onto my cheek bones. Remember, when you're applying quite a few make-up products onto your face it's best apply it lightly, it will all balance out once you've finished and it's much easier to build on make-up, rather than trying to fix it, when you've applied too much!

EYES/ BROWS

I always start by shading in my brows with Rimmel Professional Brow Pencil (Hazel). Now I naturally have blonde eye brows that are almost invisible so it's hard to find the perfect match. I've been using the brow pencil since day dot and thoroughly recommend to all my fellow red heads out there! I then used L'Oreal Brow Plumper (Blonde) to add definition and give my brows that oomph. The reason I shade in my eye brows first is because it gives you a frame to work with when applying eye shadow.

Next, I primed my eyes with my holy grail, the Urban Decay Original Primer Potion. Then I used a flat brush to pat Verve from the Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette onto my eye lids. I then used a fluffy brush to blend Pistol into my crease. Anyone who owns the Naked 2 palette will tell you that these two shades were made for each other. Verve is a light silvery grey and Pistol is a dark metallic grey so pairing these two will make for effortless blending. I then took a small contouring brush to add a v. small amount of Blackout into the outer corners. Applying your eye shadow in this way will give you the illusion of bigger, brighter eyes. This is because, naturally, light shades bring the background forward and darker shades push the background back which is also why we tend to put the darker shade in the crease as it will give you more depth. To finish off my eye shadow I simply used a flat brush to highlight under neath my brows and the inner corners of my eyes. 

To complete my eye make-up I lined my top lashes with Bourjois Intuitive Liner (Ultra black), I was sold by the 'easy application' factor but personally I think this it's the sort of eye liner you need to practice with. Saying that, once you have the knack of it, it's easy to create ultra thin or dramatic lines, plus flicks are a doddle! And of course I finished the look with Max-Factor False Lash Effect 24 Hour Mascara (no surprise there hehe). 

LIPS

One of the best things about wearing silvery eye make-up is that you can pretty much wear any lipstick you want. If I was going out on the town I'd probably have opted for more of a statement shade but as I was going to a BBQ I thought a soft pink would do justice. This particular lipstick is the Max-Factor Colour Elixir in Stardust Pink. I actually got this one of those ''Spend £15 or more and get a free goody bag deals'' and I must admit, I was pleasantly surprised. It's a fairly standard pink I mean most brands would do similar shades but the 'Elixir' definitely keeps your lips plump and hydrated.

Neeks 

No comments:

Post a Comment