Monday 8 June 2015

Soft & Shimmery Make-Up


Aloha!

Matte or shimmer? A question I'm faced with every time each time I need to apply make-up. Matte shades will never fail you but now summer is looming a fresh shimmery eye, paired with a subtle lip is the way forward for me. This look is soft enough for every day but you could always turn this into a night time look by adding a pair of falsies and a bold lip.

FACE

After my usual skin care routine, I always apply Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser on my Tzone, to fill in my pores and provide a smooth base to work with (click here for full review) Since the weather is becoming warmer, I've been opting for more light weight foundations or tinted moisturisers and lately I've been loving the Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Tinted Moisturiser. This is the best tinted moisturiser I've ever used, you can apply it with your fingers and is so light weight you can barley feel it. Not only that, it gives you an all day luminous glow whilst providing SPF 20. It is light coverage which is why I also applied Max-Factor Mastertouch Concealer, with a small stippling brush, to conceal my blemishes and under eye circles. To set the base I lightly dusted Bourjois Java Rice Powder, with a large fluffly brush, onto my T-Zone, cheeks and chin. This is a powder you need to use sparingly because it's really shimmery (you don't want to end up looking like a disco ball!)To add to the summery vibe of course I applied my trusty Bourjois Chocolate Bronzer in 'the magic three' (under cheek bones, jaw line and temples). Using the bronzer in this way will make your face look slimmer and accentuate your cheek bones, as well as giving you a healthy glow. To finish off, I dusted Bourjois Little Round Pot Blusher (15 Rose Eclat) onto the apples of my cheeks and dabbed Benefit Watts Up Soft Focus Highlighter onto my cheek bones. Remember, when you're applying quite a few make-up products onto your face it's best apply it lightly, it will all balance out once you've finished and it's much easier to build on make-up, rather than trying to fix it, when you've applied too much!

EYES/ BROWS

I always start by shading in my brows with Rimmel Professional Brow Pencil (Hazel). Now I naturally have blonde eye brows that are almost invisible so it's hard to find the perfect match. I've been using the brow pencil since day dot and thoroughly recommend to all my fellow red heads out there! I then used L'Oreal Brow Plumper (Blonde) to add definition and give my brows that oomph. The reason I shade in my eye brows first is because it gives you a frame to work with when applying eye shadow.

Next, I primed my eyes with my holy grail, the Urban Decay Original Primer Potion. Then I used a flat brush to pat Sin from the Urban Decay Naked Palette onto my eye lids. As you can see, this is my favorite shade out of this palette because it's nearly run out! Sin is a velvety soft champagne shade that blends with almost everything and delivers the perfect amount of shimmer. From the Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette,  I used a fluffy brush to blend YDK, into my eye crease. Next, I used a small contouring brush to apply Snakebite into my outer corners and Booty Call  under my brows. Following on I a lined my upper lashes with the Bourjois Liner Feutre, starting at the inner corner and ending with a subtle flick. This eye liner deigned like a felt tip but it is angled like a brush which makes it easier to apply thin lines. When it comes to eye liner, sometimes a thinner line, can have the biggest impact. To finish off, I applied my beloved Max-Factor False Lash Effect 24 Hour Mascara. I found this eye make-up gave the appearance of larger brighter eyes with a warm summery shimmer. It was also easy to apply, as the colours blend effortlessly, and only took about ten minutes.  

LIPS

I don't know about you but I always apply my lipstick last, It's kinda like putting on perfume once you've got dressed. Plus I always feel really good when I'm wearing it and recently, I've been loving a subtle pinkish nude, the MAC Matte Lipstick- Please Me. This was a birthday present from my sister that has been a regular choice from my collection. I'm a huge fan of matte lipsticks but I find a lot of them can dry my lips out however, the MAC lipsticks are still moisturising, whilst giving you full pigmented colour, and last for most of the day. 

Neeks 

1 comment:

  1. youtube.com | Videoodl.cc
    youtube.com. youtube.com. YouTube. youtube.com. youtube. youtube. youtube. youtube to mp3 downloader youtube. youtube. youtube.youtube. youtube. youtube. youtube. youtube. youtube. youtube. youtube. youtube. youtube. youtube. youtube. youtube. youtube.youtube. youtube. youtube. youtube. youtube. youtube. youtube. youtube. youtube. youtube. youtube. youtube. youtube. youtube. youtube. youtube. youtube. youtube. youtube. youtube. youtube. youtube. youtube. youtube. youtube. youtube. youtube. youtube. youtube. youtube. youtube. youtube. youtube. youtube. youtube. youtube. youtube. youtube. youtube.

    ReplyDelete