Monday 18 May 2015

May 2015 Glossybox



Aloha!


It was a normal Saturday morning, I'd woken at a reasonable time and was slowly getting ready for the day. As usual I was sipping my tea and scrolling through Facebook, little did I know, a cheeky chappy was about to knock on my front door and hand over a beautiful box of goodies! Now, I'm the sort of person who's too impatient to shop online but what's great about Glossybox is for some reason I always forget about it, which means whenever it gets delivered, it's always an exciting surprise! I must admit I wasn't overly thrilled with this months edit but never the less there were a few little gems in there worth talking about.

As usual, the samples came in a well presented pink and black box. As I unfolded the the tissue paper the first thing that caught my eye was the SASS Intimate Perfect Skin Concentrate, partly because I wasn't sure what it was to begin with but once I realised that it was a post shave serum, I was instantly intrigued. Summers round the corner and I seem to be a victim of razor bump syndrome. Let's be honest, it's an absolute nightmare and despite the precautions I take I always get the odd spell. This post shave wax soothes the skin and reduces hair growth, plus it contains salicylic acid; a well known, natural anti-inflammatory. You only need a a couple of pumps so the bottle would last a fair while however, unfortunately it was a little sticky on the skin. Also, it didn't smell great, but then again, what hair shaving products products do? Despite it's flaws I must vouch for this because it did keep to it's word and prevent razor bumps (saying that I don't think I'd pay £12 for it). 

So the next thing I tried was the Collection Field Day Lipstick. To be honest I already knew how this would go down. In my experience with Collections lipsticks, I always fall in love with the colour, buy it, and then end up being disappointed. I mean they're great for one-offs and girls in their early teens but unfortunately they're not my cuppa tea. I also received a MeMeMe Enchanted Eyes Dual Ended Eye Wand. Blue eyeliner is a key trend for Spring 2015 and although I wouldn't wear it on a day to day I think it will be perfect for the festival season. One end is a deep navy/purple and the other a light blue, both are highly pigmented and slightly sparkly. I was worried it would be difficult to remove, as most bright eye liners are, but it actually came off quite easily. 

The next item in the box was one I found very exciting, The Zerreau Towel Off Shampoo Foam! Now I'm not ashamed to say that I only wash my hair two or three times a week, simply because washing your hair every day will strip the oils from your hair and leave it dry and brittle. I'm lucky as I don't really get greasy hair anyway but I have to say dry shampoo is my best friend so it's no surprised that I couldn't wait to try this. It comes out like hair mousse and smells like fresh apples, I massaged it into the roots of my hair and lightly towel dried it. I wasn't sure how it would work and was kinda worried it would make my hair sticky but after brushing it through it genuinely felt like it had just been washed. Now I  don't know about you but spending £7.95, on a bottle of dry shampoo, seems a little excessive so I'm gonna save it for festivals. 

I thought I'd save the my favorite product til last. The Etre Belle Aloe Vera Ultra Moisturising Gel! It can be used as a soothing after sun or instant rescue when your skin needs a little TLC. It deeply hydrates the lower layers of your skin (Dermis) thus improving your skins elasticity and reviving your complexion. I have been using this instead of my night moisturiser and have found that my skin seems to be a lot fresher and brighter when I wake up. However, I wouldn't recommend using it as a make-up base as, when I tried it, the slight residue it left on my skin meant made it harder to apply my foundation.

So that's what's in the June 2015 Glossybox. Fellow subscribers did you get the same thing? 

Neeks 

No comments:

Post a Comment