Saturday 29 November 2014

A/W 2014 Evening Make-Up


Aloha!


It's been a while since I've blogged about a make-up look but lately I've opted for an extra half an hour sleep in the morning! Plus the shorter days don't help as unfortunately it's usually too dark photograph. However, all is not lost! Because I've had a nice quiet Saturday so far and took the time to apply one of my favorite evening looks for A/W this year. I've also committed to ditching the fake tan and embracing my pale complexion along with enhancing the red tones in my hair to give me a bit of warmth for the cold seasons. I particularly like this look as it's easy to wear, warm and a recurring trend but conclusively the eye make-up makes it more than easy to switch up the lip stick (or gloss). 

Now I'm not diving in with too much detail about my base as that's enough info to have it's own post! So instead I'll do an updated foundation routine separately. First off I always, and I mean ALWAYS, fill in my brows first. I know a lot of people like to do this after they apply their eye shadow etc, still it really is down to personal preference. I truly feel it's easier to fill in my brows first, partly because without make-up my eye brows are virtually invisible but from an application perspective it gives me a nice frame to work with. Lately I've opted to shade my brows in with Buck from the original Urban Decay Naked palette, as my hair is slightly darker now, plus I haven't got round to buying a new pencil yet; the only downfall with using powder and an angled brush is that it does take twice as long as the pencil method! (For me anyway) Once I've shaded my brows I then brush them with L'Oreal Brow Artist Plumper in light/ medium. This just gives a more defined and fuller appearance; and I must say, after using this, I will never go back to using Maybelline Browdrama ever again! And if you read my review you'd know that I wasn't too impressed to begin with.   

Before applying my eye shadow, we all know of that one crucial step that must be taken first, and of course that's to pat my eye lids with the religiously worn Urban Decay Primer Potion. I mean all I can really say is I've yet to find a primer that can beat this one, I'll apply my eye make-up at 6am and it will still be there, crease free, at 10pm without fail. I then used a flat brush to pat Nooner from Urban Decay Naked 3 palette onto the inner 2/3 of my lids. Subsequently using a fluffy brush to blend Hustle (Original naked palette) into the crease. I find these two shades compliment each other really well as they both have mauve undertones. Before highlighting, I applied Blackheart  (Naked 3) into the outter corner of my eyes and blended it downward, towards the lower lash line for a slight smokey effect. This subtle step is essential when wearing dark eye shadow for balance. Lastly, I used Strange (Naked 3) to highlight the inner corners and underneath my brow bone. To finalise my eye make-up I thinly lined my upper lash line with Bourjois Intuitive Liner and to be frank I can't actually praise this eye liner enough, all I can say is it's very unique and I will be writing a full review very shortly! Lastly, for impact, I laced my lashes with InStyle's Best Beauty Buy 2014 Max Factor False Lash Effect Mascara, a mascara, in which you all know, I've been using since it was first launched 5 years ago and never looked back!

To assemble the final look a little colour is needed to warm up my complexion (otherwise I run the risk of looking ill) and what better way to warm up than by contouring with Bourjois Delice de Poudre, or as most people call it 'Borjois chocolate bronzer', simply because it smells and looks like a bar of chocolate. This combined with a light dust of Bourjois Little Round Pot in 48- Ashes of Roses give a sweet warm glow, without being too OTT. This combo has been my go-to for a couple of months now so will indefinitely be included in my 'Updated Foundation Routine' 

Lastly, to finish off, I applied one of my all time favorite party lipsticks L'Oreal Color Riche Lipstick in 290 Plum Passion. Sadly, it seems to have been discontinued but if you'd like to read my review click here. And of course, as I previously mentioned, this make-up look is very versatile so any nude, raspberry or plum lipstick will do the job! 


What's your A/W look?

Neeks x

No comments:

Post a Comment