Friday 7 February 2014

Valentines Day Inspired Make-Up With Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette


Aloha! 

Ahh Feb 14th a time of spoiling your lover to a romantic meal and their favorite box of choccy's, a time for having a date with your girlfriends, or a time to sit at home with a tub of Ben & Jerry's whilst listening to *I don't need a man* themed songs... (c'mon we've all been there ladies!) However you plan on spending your V.Day I created a make-up idea especially for the occasion and thought I'd share it with you all! 

Okay so a quick summery, before I go into details, I wanted this look to be more of a natural/ sophisticated look as opposed to a glam/ seductive look, which is why I opted for the soft pinky/ browns and a dash of Blackheart  (for those who haven't heard Blackheart is a jet black eye shadow with microscopic raspberry glitter, honestly up close it's beautiful and very suitable for the occasion!). I also went for romantic pink cheeks for a flirty flushed look. To be honest at first I wasn't planning on having nude lips but I felt the tradish red lips of V.Day would be over kill with this eye make-up and I particularly wanted to show you all this eye shadow combo.



Face: I started off with my Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser (very similar to the POREfessional for those who want to read my comparison click here). I then used a large stippling brush to buff in my Bourjois Radiance Reveal Foundation (for my review click here). I do have an on going battle with under eye circles and blemishes so covering these with my Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer gives me an extra confidence boost. I then dab on some Top Shop Afternoon Tea Cream Blush (It compliments the Naked 3 Palette perfectly) and set with Kryolan Translucent Powder. Dab some Benefit High Beam on the cheek bones and you have an even complexion with a healthy glow.
You may have noticed this paragraph is almost exact to the Go-To Everyday Make-Up post but that's genuinley because I have exactly the same routine every day other than which blush/ bronzer I use.

Eyes/ Lips: I always start by filling in my brows with the Rimmel Eye Brow Pencil (Hazel) first as it gives me a frame to work with. I then prime my eye lids with the Original Urban Decay Primer Potion and begin to apply my eye make-up  (All the shades I used are from Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette). I began by using a big fluffy brush to apply Limit all over my eye lids. I then patted Buzz on to my lids but stopped as soon as I reached the crease (I find the patting motion is better for packing on pigment). Taking my blending blush, I worked Factory into my crease. I then added Blackheart to the outer corners and blended this down towards my lower lashes, I found that by blending it into Factory and then Buzz it has a softer finish. To finish my eye make-up I highlighted under my brows with Strange and added a coat of my trusty Max Factor False Lash Effect Mascara. Of course the look wouldn't be complete without a lipstick so I opted to go for Rimmel's Lasting Finish Lipstick (Nude Pink).

How are you spending your Valentines Day? Red or nude lips? 

Neeks x

No comments:

Post a Comment