Saturday 11 January 2014

Urban Decay Primer Potion's Comparison

Each 11ml bottle is £15 (anti-aging version £17)

Aloha!

So if you read my Urban Decay Naked Palette 3 Swatches post then you'd know that inside the box U/D kindly give you a one week sample of 4 different primer potion's. I was really excited by this, probably more than I should be but c'mon guys a 1 month free supply of primer? Yes please! Anyways I thought it would be the perfect time to try them all out without actually having to buy them (ooh sneeky) and then post my verdict for all you lovely people that take the time to read my blog everyday (thanks guys xxx) 

I took 2 photo's so you can see what they look like normally and what they look like with a flash on (bottom photo is with flash on). And from left to right (drum roll please) we have....

Original 
The best part about the original is that it dries clear which means you can put any eye shadow over the top.  It's very similar to the Too Faced Shadow Insurance and of course promises to make your eye shadow more vibrant and last all day long (which it does). Definitely a must have for those just getting into wearing eye shadow or those who already wear it but are looking for their first primer, this has never let me down. 

Sin
Based on the eye shadow sin from the Naked 1 palette and slightly thicker than the original. It's very metallic, with a pinky/ silvery tinge and quite high in pigment so I found that natural and matte colours seemed to go a bit 'funny' when used together. However, on a night out it enhanced all my shimmery, satin and metallic eye shadows and I was even able to use it by it's self with a dash of hustle (Naked 1) in the outer corners. 

Eden 
Eden is really nice, and again slightly thicker than the original. It's a yellow based matte primer, perfect when wearing natural eye make-up with matte nudes, browns and particularly compliments the matte shades from the Naked 3 Palette. It's quite versatile because you can use it underneath shimmery eye shadows as well and it won't take away the sparkly-ness. It's like an enhanced version of the original and would be great for those of you with an oily eye area. 

Anti-Aging  
I'm probably not the best person to be testing this out but what I can tell you is that it's much much thinner than all the other primers and almost like a serum. I would imagine the serum helps fill in fine lines (a bit like how Benefit's Pore-fessional) fills in pores. This would also prevent the eye shadow from sinking into the wrinkles and of course it contains anti-ageing properties so all you OAP's can get your glam on! 

Now for the verdict. They all seem to have the same staying power but personally my favorites are Sin for night time and Eden for day time. If I had to choose one then it would have to be Eden because it's so versatile and I feel that Sin would be a bit much for during the day plus I wouldn't be able to wear natural eye make-up. I find Eden is simply a better version of the original due to the thicker consistency, the shadow enhancing properties and it's versatility. 

What's your favorite Primer Potion? 

Neeks x

No comments:

Post a Comment