Tuesday 7 January 2014

MAC Brush Cleanser

MAC Store/ Department Stores- £10

Aloha!

Cleaning your brushes regularly is one of the best things you can do to look after them. Not only that but it will increase the life span of your make-up and also protect your skin. Now I'm not saying we are dirty people or anything but everyone has millions of  bacteria on their skin all the time (some bad, some good!) and that bacteria can usually be controlled with personal hygiene and our immune system etc. but think about how easy it would be for germs to spread through your make-up brushes causing your make-up to 'go off' sooner and even cause acne. All this can be avoided easily by cleaning your brushes once or twice a week.

Now I'm not one for soaking my make-up brushes in brush cleaner or washing them with baby shampoo (although it does work!) and leaving them to dry over night. I am very impatient and there is always the risk of miss-shaping your brushes even if you're very careful, which is why I prefer dry brush cleansers, usually alcohol based, to keep my brushes in tip top shape. 

MAC Brush Cleanser is a versatile cleanser that can be used on damp or dry brushes. I pour a small amount into a bowl, give my dry brushes a good swish, and gently rub them on some clean kitchen roll. It removes all of the make-up in seconds and I can use them straight away as the alcohol levels aren't too high and doesn't irritate my skin or eyes. It doesn't smell as strong as other professional cleansers I've used, it just leaves my brushes smelling clean.The lid has a click top to make sure you don't pour out too much and you could even transfer it into a spray bottle to be precised and cost-effective. 

How do you clean your make-up brushes? 

Neeks x

1 comment:

  1. i need this in my life - i tried to clean them last week and there is still product on them

    ReplyDelete