Sunday 19 January 2014

Benefit POREfessional VS Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser




Ding ding ding! It's the undefeated Benefit POREfessional VS the new Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser. I have to say I've gotta take my hat off to Maybelline for taking on the all time primer champion; so I bought it with the mindset that even if it's not that great they deffo get brownie points for trying. Let the battle commence!

First up it's Benefit's POREfessional, the UK's no.1 best selling facial primer. Now there is no doubt that it's a great product and a definite must have in most make-up bags but at £24.50 is there a cheaper alternative? Maybelline's Baby Skin is just £7.99 so if this is in fact just as good (if not better) then it's a no brainer, I have to try it! 


POREfessional is a nude coloured balm with a velvety texture. Personally I have large pores around my T-zone and find that dabbing the POREfessional over these areas helps minimize the appearance of large pores IF I then apply my usual foundation over it.  On the other hand Baby Skin is a clear gel, slightly thicker than POREfessional, but a pea-sized amount is enough to cover my whole face. It also seems to make a huge difference even without applying make-up over the top. It makes my skin a lot softer, supple and even a bit more glowy, as well as minimizing my pores (oooh looks like Maybelline is in the lead).


Now here's the bit I'm umming and arring about. A great feature of the POREfessional is that I can dab it over those problem areas throughout the day without running the risk of smudging my make-up. Now the Baby Skin doesn't work as well when applied over make-up however, when I caught my reflection in the bathroom mirror, I found that even after a long shift at work I didn't actually need to apply anymore. 

Okay so I think I've made my decision *deep breaths* although you can't deny Benefit's POREfessional is a great product, not trying to be negative, but I really don't think it's worth £24.50. I think I expected it to be this amazing product that was sent down from the heavens and would magically bless me with angel like skin but when it fell on my lap I was a bit dissapointed. Now that I've introduced Maybelline's Baby Skin into my life and know what an affordable £7.99 bottle of wonders can do I don't think I'll be buying the POREfessional again. 



Maybelline's Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser is a light-weight clear gel with a velevty texture. It fills in pores and fine lines and makes your skin look smooth aswell as feel baby soft, it didn't make my skin oily and kept my make-up on all day. Maybelline I have been converted! 

POREfessional VS Baby Skin Pore Eraser! What's your verdict?  


Neeks x 

No comments:

Post a Comment