Saturday 23 November 2013

Nivea Express Hydration Primer REVIEW

Aloha!

Ahh primers, we seem to be in a love/hate relationship don't we? On 10 hour work days I am relying on you! I'm not asking for much, just that you do your job! The ONLY thing you were put on this planet for was to keep my make-up in place but a lot of the time you let me down. 

Having given up with primers and realising that touching up throughout the day isn't so bad, I then received a message from my friend Nicole, raving about how she'd bought the Nivea Express Hydration Primer in Savers and it's worked wonders. Of course the next day I went out and bought it. 

Savers- 50ml £2.99

Nivea says their cosmo reader recommended primer will 'moisturise & provide a smooth base for effective make-up application and helps your make-up stay in put'. It also claims to provide 'long lasting moisturisation'. And at £2.99 it's definitely worth a try.


I bought the primer suitable for dry and sensitive skin purely because they didn't have any others in stock and I'm impatient. I don't think it made much of a difference, apart from the first time I tried it. After using my usual moisturiser I applied the primer over the top, which left my skin very oily. So the next day I tried it without my usual moisturiser and it worked really well, no shine at all! And my skin still felt hydrated.  


It smells very clean and fresh. The texture is similar to a gel or serum, you only need a tiny bit and it glides over the skin with ease. It definitely made applying my foundation easier and more effective. The best part is it actually kept my make-up on all day *very happy* and it also prevented oily-ness and left a healthy dewy finish. 

I can't really fault this product. The only thing is I'm not able to use it with my regular moisturiser and it doesn't work underneath eye make-up but overall a really really good primer for the price and it now has a permanent place in my foundation routine.

Thankyou Nicole! 

Anymore magical beauty products you've stumbled across?

Neeks x

No comments:

Post a Comment