Tuesday 2 June 2015

Current Skin Care Favs


Aloha!


Whilst I was brain storming post ideas, it suddenly came to my attention, that it's been a very long time since I've posted about skin care. I mean I'll mention products in 'Empties' posts and such like but it's been a while since a whole post has been dedicated to skin care products. I think it's because once I find a routine that works well for me it's a big risk to change products (my skin is so problematic- agr!) . However, lately I have been using some new products that certainly deserve a shout out! 

I'll begin with a classic fav, the St-Ives Invigorating Apricot Facial Scrub. I'm sure you've had enough of me singing it's praises, so I won't bore you with the same old song, BUT this as been my go-to facial scrub for years now and although I've tried other brands they just don't have the same effect this one does. It's 100% natural exfoliants remove all your dead skin cells without damaging the surface of your skin. I know I say this every time but I wouldn't recommend using this every day, as it can harm your skins natural repairing system so I'd say two-three times a week is more than enough. For those of you that like a vigorous scrub, this is for you! It will leave your skin feeling fresh, soft and radient without causing increased sensitivity or dryness. I personally prefer to use it in the morning, as it contributes to a smoother base, for when I apply my make-up but you could use it at night time as well. 

Next I've been loving the Etre Belle Aloe Vera Ultra Moisturising Gel which I actually got in my May Glossybox. This gel doesn't really have a scent other than the generic 'clean' smell. I've been using it instead of my usual night moisturiser for about three weeks now and found that my skins seems to be a lot fresher and brighter when I wake up in the morning. I feel like it really hydrates the deep layers of my skin (Dermis) which initially I didn't expect as it is very lightweight.The only downside to this product is it's fairly expensive for a 40ml bottle and I don't think it's suitable to use as a make-up base as, when I tried it, the slight residue it left on my skin made it harder to apply my foundation. 

For those evenings when my skin could do with a little pampering I use the Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser. I have a friend, who works in John Lewis, and she said that everyone absolutely loves this cleanser! I was surprised as I'd never heard of it until recently (clearly I've been living under a rock). It came with a pure muslin cloth which polishes the skin, removing all impurities, without any harsh chemicals. Phase one: massage the concentrated cleanser into dry skin to purify, soften and stimulate circulation. Phase two: rinse the muslin cloth in hand hot water before gently polishing off the cream. The first time I used it I felt like I'd just had a facial! I couldn't believe how soft and supple it made my skin feel. It also gave me a complexion boost and seems to help prevent blemishes. Anybody could use this, no matter what your skin type, and contains chamomile, cocoa butter and eucalyptus essential oil; all renowned for their natural skin benefits! 

A product I've been using religiously (no exaggeration here) is the Body Shop Tea Tree Facial Toner. It's no secret that tea tree has vast skin benefits, especially for blemish prone skin, so a tea tree based toner seemed like promising product to try. I use this twice a day after cleansing, before moisturising to tone and tighten my pores. It removes all traces of cleanser residue, impurities and oil whilst mattifying your skin. I would highly reccomend this if you have oily or blemish prone skin as using it daily has helped my problem skin massively. What's more, once applied, it gives you a slight tingling sensation and leaves your skin feeling really fresh and clean. From the same range I've also been using the Blemish Gel. I bought this on a whim, as I do get blemishes, and was pleasantly surprised. It's always the last thing I apply at night time, I simply dab the gel onto the blemish and let mother nature work her magic. It has a soft applicator, kinda like a lip gloss, which means you can apply with precision. This isn't the product for you if you need an all over facial treatment but it's good for tackling precised areas. After the first use I found my blemishes were slightly smaller, less red and had dried out a bit. I have now been using it every day, when needed, and it certainly beats Sudocrem!

So those are my current skin care favs, I'd love to know if anyone else uses these and if there are any other wonder products out there so leave a comment and share with the rest of us!

Neeks 

No comments:

Post a Comment