Monday 24 March 2014

Sunny Saturday's



Aloha! 


So first of all an apology from me for neglecting my blog over the last 2 weeks. It wasn't out of laziness, I'd simply started a new job and blogging had to take a bit of a back seat, but now I'm back into a somewhat routine and you'll be happy to know that I am back to my usual blogging self. With all the nice weather we've been having I thought an easy way to make the most of the sunshine was to take a nice little trip, with Roneil, to Gunwarf Quays, well known for it's designer brands and trendy restaurants with a sea view, but most of all known for it's OUTLETS! 

I wasn't planning of splashing out but when 60% off signs are displayed far and wide it's almost impossible not to pick up a few treats. As we were strolling through the beautifully displayed windows of the designer shops, I was instantly drawn to the Lindt Chocolatier, and to my amazement there were even more delectable flavors than I'd first imagined. Strawberry, coconut, coffee, orange, caramel, you name it and it was there for a fraction of the price you'd usually pay for a regular box. Shortly after, we devoured a serious amount of food at YoSushi, before slowly wandering towards The Body Shop. And let me just take this moment to express how starstruck I was! They'd filled their shelves with all the left over Christmas gift sets, I assume the couldn't sell, and had up to 70% off pretty much everything. I managed to buy a vitamin e mini gift set, strawberry hand cleanser and a coconut body scrub for just under £11, when the lady at the counter told me the price I had to double check because I couldn't quite believe how cheap it was. The gift set included a day cream, night cream, cream cleanser and hydrating toner and I have to say my skin does seem to respond well to the regime and it has persuaded me to purchase the full sized products. Although, it's small the set lasted nearly 2 weeks and for the price and quality I think it's a pretty good deal. Of course, my all time fav body scrub never fails to disappoint me. I tend to find other scrubs a bit pants and not vigorous enough but this one actually feels like it's doing something without being to harsh on my sensitive skin. 

To finish up we stopped for a coffee and a Krispy Creme by the waterfront before making our way towards, our soon to be, train home. On our way back we passed Boots and it only comes naturally to me to have a look at any new products or offers they might have. I don't know what it is exactly but every time I see Boots it's as if my legs involuntarily walk inside. To be honest, this was just an ordinary Boots and nothing seemed to really jump out at me other than the 3 for 2 offer on Barry M nail polishes.  I was a bit disappointed with the constancy of 342 Nude (you need at least 3 layers) and even more disappointed in the pink CrystalGlaze because unfortunately it didn't show up (even with a base) but all is not lost! Somehow Barry M managed to redeem themselves with key-lime green Gelly Hi-Shine! You only need one coat, it has a beautiful glossy finish and a nice twist on usual bright summery colours. 


How do you spend your sunny Saturday's? 


Neeks x













No comments:

Post a Comment