Thursday 13 February 2014

Valentines Day Inspired Make-Up #2 RED LIPS


Aloha! 

So I know this is a bit last minute but a lot of people seemed to like my valentines day inspired make-up with nude lips post and I had a few requests to do one with red lips, so even if it's too late to try this for V.Day this is a pretty classic red lip look that you can wear whenever you want so all is not lost! My idea behind it was for it to be 40's/ 50's themed with high arched brows, deep set eyes, flicked eye liner and red lips because I think it has a fun and exciting vibe to it. Anyone at all can wear this make-up and it's very achievable even if you don't have the same products I am using. Also I'm not really sure what's going on with my parting today (Center? Off- center? Cow's lick?) who knows aha, anyways enough of that let's begin! 


Face: So today I actually did something slightly different to usual, which makes a change, I started off with my Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser (very similar to the POREfessional for those who want to read my comparison click here) I then mixed my Bourjois Radiance Reveal Foundation (for my review click here) with my Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation partly because it's that time of the month wear my skin breaks out and the Double Wear foundation has higher coverage. I mixed it with my Bourjois foundation to darken it a bit as it's slightly to light for me. I then used my all time favorite stippling brush to buff the foundation in for a more even application. Usually I would apply my Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer under my eyes but the Double Wear foundation has a high enough coverage that I don't need to, instead I just applied it to any obvious blemishes. I then added my bronzer and blusher, I always do this before I set my make-up with powder as it seems to blend everything more evenly and also seems to stay in place for longer. The bronzer I used is the Superdrug Solait Maxi Bronzer (light) because it doesn't make me look orange and is good value for money! The blush I use is (of course) Top Shop Afternoon Tea Cream Blush. This is my favorite blush at the moment and seems to go with every make-up look I do so deffo a must for those looking for a versatile blush. Lastly, I set everything with Kryolan Translucent Powder and dab some Benefit High Beam on the cheek bones, this paired with the blusher gives off a very glowey/ flirty vibe when you smile. 

Eyes: I always start by filling in my brows with the Rimmel Eye Brow Pencil (Hazel) first as it gives me a frame to work with. I then prime my eye lids with the Original Urban Decay Primer Potion and begin to apply my eye make-up  (All the shades I used are from Urban Decay Naked 1 Palette). I began by using a big fluffy brush to apply Naked all over my eye lids. I then worked Buck into my crease, to give the appearance of a deeper socket, and Darkhorse in the outer corner for a more intense smoked effect. The next motion I'm about to do is something that I do with pretty much every eye make-up as it really does lift your eyes and make them appear bigger. I do this by taking my chosen highlight (in this case it's Virgin) and I highlight under the brows, in the inner corner of my eyes and a dab in the very center (trust me it works!). I think that flicked eyeliner really compliments red lips (very 1940's/50's) so personally I find the easiest way to do it is by taking my Rimmel London Glam Eyes Liquid Liner and drawing a line from my outer corner outwards. That way you have a point to work towards and it makes for a nice transition between the lash line and the flick. To keep in with the V.Day theme long sultry lashes are key so you can either use mascara; my all time fav is the Max Factor False Lash Effect Mascara as it lengthens, separates and volumises my lashes or of course you could actually apply false lashes. 

Lips: So my tip with wearing red lipstick is to firstly find the right shade. If you're fair skinned it's safer to buy a blue-toned lipstick and if you have dark skin then an orange-based lipstick will really make your lips pop! Secondly, alwaysssss use a lip liner! Red lipstick is notorious for bleeding and the fairer you are the more noticeable it will be to your Valentine. I used the Rimmel Exaggerate Lip-Liner (Red Diva) it's great in that it's creamy and dries matte so you could wear it on it's own and it will stay put for hours without drying your lips out. I found that together the Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick (01) and Exaggerate Lip Liner were an almost perfect match. 

How are you spending your Valentines Day? Red or nude lips? 
 Neeks x

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I nominated you for the Liebster award. Check out the blog post for the rules and questions =] www.lazerlipsloves.blogspot.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete