Sunday 1 December 2013

Happy December 1st!

Aloha!


So this morning I woke up thinking it's just another ordinary Sunday and began my usual 'get ready for work' routine. I glanced at my readily waiting advent calender and suddenly realised that it isn't an ordinary Sunday today in fact, it's December 1st! The official 'you can now talk about Christmas' day! *happy face*

I must confess that I can get a little over excited at this time of year but the Christmas atmosphere just seems to suck me in! It's spicy scent of cinnamon, mulled wine and pine needles that fill the air, the way everybody is extra cheerful and knowing that you're going to be spending unconditional quality time with your loved ones. 

So to start the festivities I went to get my nails painted all Christmassy with my friend Nicole and then I went to the Christmas market and tucked into hog roast and hot chocolate with my boyfriend. I also managed (somehow?!) to finish my home made stocking for my boyfriend. This stocking was completely  hand sewn and I will be writing a post on how I made it for you all in the near future! 

But of course, the best part was putting up the Christmas tree, usually me my brother and sisters spend a whole evening decorating the family tree with the dozens of ornaments, we've collected over the years, and twinkling fairy lights but this year is different. This year it's my first Christmas living away from home and a huge Christmas tree wouldn't fit in our little flat so I settled with a cute little tree instead. 








How are you starting your Christmas festivities? 

Neeks x


No comments:

Post a Comment