Tuesday 26 November 2013

Redheads & Royalty

Aloha!


It's that time of the year again where I'm impatiently waiting for the arrival of Christmas festivities but I've promised myself I won't talk or blog about it until December! However, I have been throwing myself into my uni project 'Redheads & Royalty'.

Without beating around the bush we had to create 2 contemporary Elizabethan images. The first image needed to be a design that I created for myself and another student applied it on me. The second design will be designed by someone else for me to create on them. So this is my design, enjoy! 




The Elizabethan elements are my red hair and fair skin, with pink blush Sleek 3 Blush Palette- Pumpkin (squash). I also embraced my fair brows and put a contemporary spin on Elizabethan red lipstick by adding plum shades from Kate Moss Lasting Finish(004) and L-Oreal Color Riche (240). The large hair rolls were inspired by the shapes of Elizabethan wigs and the crimped bottom layers were my interpretation of an old technique known as 'frizzing'. The modernised eye make-up was applied with 'sidecar' and 'toasted' from the Urban Decay Naked Palette 1 Other key products include Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation (shell) Benefit Highbeam Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Liner (black) and MaxFactor False Lash Effect Mascara (black).

 So there you have it! My contemporary version of Queen Elizabeth 1st. I really hope you like this post and find it useful, I will be uploading my next image next week when I've completed it.

What are your favorite elements of Elizabethan hair & make-up? Let me know!  

Neeks x

1 comment:

  1. Your blog is amazing i am doing Make-up& Hair Design at Southampton Solent university. We are currently doing the Elizabethan period redheads and royalty. Have you got any tips that i can take with me doing this project.

    ReplyDelete