Tuesday 6 August 2013

A Make-Up Look For Work

Aloha!

I don’t know about you but when I do have the time to make an effort before work (rarely) I do my make-up knowing that really there isn’t much point because 6 hours later the lipstick is gone, the eye shadow  is creased, did I even put foundation on this morning? & then I wonder why I didn’t spend those extra 20 minutes in bed.

This make-up look will leave you looking fresh, professional and won’t melt off your face throughout the day. It doesn’t look ‘over done’ for work but still enhances your natural features and can be used on anyone, the best part about it is you’ll only need to bring your lipstick with you to work so you can leave that make-up bag  at home! Also, this can easily be adapted or transformed to a night time look if you’re planning on going out.

Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation- Debenhams £28.50
Max Factor Creme Puff- Boots £5.99
L'Oreal Le Blush- Boots £7.69
Benefit High Beam- Debenhams £19.50
Rimmel Professional Eye Brow Pencil- Boots £2.99
Urban Decay Primer Potion- Debenhams £8
Urban Decay Naked Palette- Debenhams £36
Max Factor False Lash Effect Mascara- On offer in Boots £7.99
Borjois Sweet Kisses Lipstick- Boots £7.99
Face:
I applied Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation, to cover blemishes; it stays on all day long and has a wide range of tones and shades available for any skin tone. It also comes in a lighter version for those that prefer BB creams and tinted moisturisers. I then set this with a dust of Max Factor Crème Puff, if you have a great foundation, you don’t need to invest on an expensive powder! Next I applied L’Oreal Le Blush to the apples of the cheeks, the shades are very natural but still adds colour (the packaging is really cute too and it comes, in a compact, with a mirror and brush!) and to finish off, a dab of Benefit High Beam, on the cheek bones to enhance them and brighten up the face.



Eyes/brows:
ALWAYS do your eyebrows first so you can use them as a guideline when applying your eye make-up. It’s best to do what works for you, I shaded in the eyebrows with Rimmel Professional Eye Brow Pencil, it’s really precise, cheap and come with a brush on the lid (very handy). I then used Urban Decay Primer Potion (the original one) to prime the eyes, and prevent creasing, followed by the famous Urban Decay Naked Pallete.  For the base I used ‘naked’ followed by ‘buck’ in the crease and a TINY amount of ‘creep’ in the outer corner. Highlight the inner corners of the eyes and the highest point underneath the brows with ‘virgin’ and I promise this look will open even the tiredest eyes on a Monday morning! Last but not least, apply mascara to the top and bottom lashes. I use Max Factor False Lash Effect Mascara but use whichever one works for you. I deliberately didn’t use eyeliner on my model because she has a naturally dark lash line and I didn’t think it was necessary. However, if you do choose to wear eyeliner, a pencil will be softer and apply lightly, as too much eyeliner can close up the eyes.

Lips:
I used a discontinued Borjois lipstick but they do a very similar one called Borjois Sweet Kisses Lipstick. Go with what best suits your skin tone but a red-y pink will always compliment your lips without being too intense.
 





So next time you want to look great for work, try this look with the confidence that it will last alllllllll day.

Neeks x

No comments:

Post a Comment