Sunday 21 July 2013

AUSSIE BEACH MATE REVIEW (Shampoo, Conditioner & 3 Minute Miracle) REVIEW





I'm sure a lot of you can agree when I say the hot weather is taking its toll on our locks and a lot of us are in desperate need of some TLC! Like many of you, I've spent years trying new hair treatments, shampoos, conditioners, sprays, masks and oils that promise to leave my hair soft, silky and full of shine! But most of the time I am left feeling disappointed.

When looking for hair products, I have a routine, I spend 20 odd minutes gazing at all the potions, compare prices, brands and formulas before retreating back to the safety of Aussie. I love Aussie products, I usually use the Miracle Moist range teamed up with Miracle Hair Insurance but not today! Today I saw a something else, the Aussie Beach Mate range and at 3 for £10 in Boots I knew I had to try it. 


I bought the shampoo, conditioner and 3 minute miracle from the Beach Mate range without realising that it had same formula as the Miracle Moist range. I felt tricked but I suppose that's what happens when you don't pay attention; 'waste not want not' and all that I'm going to use it anyway. The shampoo and conditioner contains macadamia nut oil which is well known for it's hydrating qualities. Macadamia oil is absorbed quickly into the hair and scalp, replenishing it of all the nutrients and moisture it has lost through straightening, styling, blow drying, brushing and general neglect. 


Boots- £3.99
or 3 for £10 
First off, the shampoo, you only need a little bit as it lathers really well. It smells amazing and leaves your hair feeling clean but not dried out. You get 300ml, which doesn't look like a lot, but trust me it lasts ages! Especially if you're like me and don't wash your hair every day. If I haven't washed it in a few days then I would shampoo twice, the first time is to wash out the hair sprays and products I use, the second time is to cleanse my hair and scalp. I also never shampoo the ends (it dries them out) instead I shampoo the top because when you rinse it out, it runs down to the ends anyway. 


Boots- £3.99
or 3 for £10 
Now for the conditioner! Again, smells lush! It's got a nice thick consistency, which is what I like about it, as it feels more like a proper moisturising treatment.. I really hate watery, thin conditioners. After washing, I squeeze the water out of my hair and smooth the conditioner through the mid lengths to the ends, I leave it on as long as I can before rinsing out. As I rinsed it out I could already feel that my hair was a lot smoother. The only thing I don't like about it is that you only get 250ml, I know that's because most people use more shampoo than they do conditioner but my hair is really long so I end up using finishing it when I am only 2/3 through the shampoo. 


Boots- £4.99
or 3 for £10
'Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Beach Mate' is a deep treatment that is supposed to help 'reconstruct' your hair after it has been damaged. It contains Australian Balm Mint, which I hadn't heard of before so I tried to find some info. I could only find other products that contained it, and there wasn't a lot of info on what the plant actually does, but there must be something special about it because my hair absolutely loves this treatment! I use this about 3 times a week and have 2 ways of using it. I either use it when I've just washed my hair (instead of the normal conditioner) or I dampen my hair, apply the treatment, then I leave it in over night and wash it out in the morning. Now you may think your pillows will get wet but I have tip! Only apply from the mid section to the ends, then put your hair in a bun with some cling film around it, this way your hair can get the most from the treatment without ruining your bed sheets!

Overall, these products are really good for giving life back to your hair. Even after the first few washes my hair felt softer, it was more manageable and is now a lot happier. I've been using Aussie products for a long time now and have virtually no split ends so I highly recommend these products! When people say 'you can't repair damaged hair' I find it hard to believe as these products have worked wonders on mine! 

Neeks x

No comments:

Post a Comment